It's a cold and rainy weekend here in Charlotte, sitting inside making porch plans seems to be the perfect way to spend the day. I think I've come up with a great, and most importantly attainable, plan for our space that takes a lot of cues from my inspirational porches while incorporating key pieces we already own. My plan is to stretch the budget by only purchasing a few things that will have a big impact on the space.
Some of the key elements in the new space:
- Lots of greenery - palms, topiaries, ferns, etc
- Comfortable seating - we purchased the seating group in 2016 as our Christmas gift to each other
- Multiple surfaces - now that we have a puppy we have to incorporate additional, taller surfaces for food serving
- Accents - adding art for large impact in our outdoor dining space (I'm not sure how it will tolerate the outdoor elements though), additional lighting, stools and generally bringing the indoors outside
- Mood - greens, blues, and lots of natural elements
More to come...