Ok, so ... I'm excited.
After pouring over all my inspiration pictures I've come up with a plan for our bonus room.
Here's the plan:
1. Cozy up the space by adding a vintage patterned rug, hanging drapery and incorporating lots of fun textural elements.
2. Increase seating by adding in a chaise or two (um, budgets!), beanbags and occasional chairs to the existing dining table. Might even bring back the kid chairs, TBD.
3. Shed a little extra light on the space by incorporating paper lanterns.
4. Add some much needed greenery to give it a true lived in feel.
5. Obviously already touched on the textural elements, but it's worth repeating, there will be loads of textural pillows and throws.
I'm so excited - have I mentioned that? I've already started moving toys, actually using the toy closet (what? craziness!), and sourcing items. I can't wait to get started and show you what I've accomplished so far.
I'm really hoping this is the change our family needs to actually use this space. Yeah!
More to come...