Don't you just love a long summer weekend? No better way to celebrate than with family, friends and good food. Last year, we added blueberry cheesecake ice-cream to our celebration, but this year we've gone back to basics with one of the simplest and tastiest cobblers out there.
Around here we affectionately call it the Number 1 cobbler. Partially because it's the first cobbler I ever learned to make (from the sweetest Southern coworker from my very first job post college) and partially because most of the ingredients come in a 1 cup form.
Here's what you do:
1. Melt one stick of butter (1/2 c), meanwhile whisk together 1 cup sugar and 1 cup self raising flour in a small bowl.
2. Pour in 1 cup of milk, stir to combine.
3. Slowly add the melted butter to the milk, sugar and flour mixture. Stir to combine.
4. Pour the milk, sugar, flour and butter mixture into a well butter baking dish.
5. Add 2 cups of seasonal fruit. (I used fresh, local blueberries and peaches.) Try to evenly disperse throughout the baking dish.
6. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
Enjoy warm out of the oven solo, or with ice cream, or whipped cream, or both, or how my Grandma always did it - warmed with a cup of milk poured over for breakfast.
Any way you serve it you can't go wrong!
Happy Holiday Weekend, everyone.
until next time,